ODPL Launches Springboard Women’s Development programme for Women on University Grades 2 to 4
What is included in the Springboard Programme?
You will be provided with a workbook and over the three months you will be asked to work through the chapters. This is both thought-provoking and fun, and needs to happen if you are to get the most out of the programme.
You will attend four compulsory one day workshops. These are highly participative, supportive and lively.
Throughout the programme you will have support from the tutor and from one another and you will hear the life and work stories of four guest speakers usually from the University.
“I feel enthused, motivated and now know that if I want to, I can.”
This is what you need to undertake Springboard:
Springboard has been developed for all women, whatever their background. Women undertake the programme for both work and personal reasons and to do it you need:
- the interest and the desire to look into yourself and to change what needs changing.
- to be willing to spend a couple of hours a week at home undertaking the exercises in the workbook.
- the commitment to attend all four workshops. It is most important that this time is agreed with your line manager.
You may have to build some self confidence in order to take some action. The programme will give you information, skills and support but the rest is up to you!
“This is an amazing programme that has increased my confidence – I now like ‘me’ and want to take every day with positive and confident steps. Thank you”
Springboard is for you if you would like to learn how to:
- Take stock of your strengths and achievements and build on them.
- Identify your weaknesses and turn them into strengths.
- Develop enough confidence to make things happen.
Quotes from Springboard programmes:
- “I feel more positive and valued.”
- “I’ve found confidence at work I did not know I possessed.”
- “This programme offers a revolutionary opportunity to get out of the rut.”
- “This programme has been one of the best things I have ever done in my life
Springboard for grades 2-4 is facilitated by Jo Westerman, to be added to the waiting list for the next programme please email firstname.lastname@example.org